Allegations: What to Do
If you learn that an allegation has been made against you that could result in a criminal or Children’s Aid Society investigation, remain calm and contact the Local or the provincial ETFO office for support.
If you are contacted by police or CAS regarding an allegation against you:
- DO NOT participate in, or consent to, an interview.
- Make no statement to anyone including administration regarding the allegation/charges.
- Say “I am willing to co-operate but I am unable to comment until I contact the Federation and legal counsel.”
- Get the name and contact information of the officer or CAS worker who has contacted you.
- Call ETFO professional relations staff at 1-888-838-3836 and state that your call is urgent.
More information can be found on the ETFO Provincial website.